Home » Major update on Kate Middleton’s health following abdominal surgery

Major update on Kate Middleton’s health following abdominal surgery

It is the first time Kate, 42, has left Windsor after returning to Adelaide Cottage, the family’s four-bedroom home, following her hospital stay (Picture: Getty)

The Princess of Wales is ‘on the mend’ following her abdominal surgery last month and was able to join Prince William and their children for half-term in Sandringham, it has been reported.

It is the first time Kate, 42, has left Windsor after returning to Adelaide Cottage, the family’s four-bedroom home, following her hospital stay which lasted nearly two weeks.

Kensington Palace has only issued one update on the future queen’s health, saying on January 17 that she is ‘making good progress’ and that the Wales’ ‘continue to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world’.

A friend of the princess has now revealed she is ‘recovering well’.

They told the Daily Mail: ‘She was looking forward to a change of scene and will be able to take it easy in Norfolk while the children let off steam with William.’

Kate and William took their children George, Charlotte and Louis to Sandringham on Friday and could stay there for the children’s February half-term next week, possibly paying a visit to the King following his cancer diagnosis.

Kate and William took their children George, Charlotte and Louis to Sandringham on Friday (Picture: UK Press via Getty Images)
The Wales’ could even pay a visit to the King (Picture: Getty Images For Buckingham Palace)

The princess was admitted to the London Clinic – the same private hospital where the King underwent treatment for an enlarged prostate – for a planned operation on January 16.

She is not expected to return to official duties until after Easter, with the Prince of Wales having temporarily stepped back from his royal role to juggle caring for her and their children.

The Prince of Wales was the first member of the royal family to speak about the King’s diagnosis when he gave a speech at a gala fundraising dinner in London on Wednesday night.

The prince said: ‘I’d like to take this opportunity to say thank you, also, for the kind messages of support for Catherine and for my father, especially in recent days.

‘It means a great deal to us all.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.


MORE : Prince Harry makes no mention of King’s cancer while presenting NFL award in Las Vegas


MORE : King Charles owns half the Discworld video game rights so a remaster is up to him


MORE : Alleged Russian spy ‘met Charles and Prince William after working for MI6’